Home decor: Enhancing serenity at home

     As we bustle through the day's hassles and routines, we worry about the trivial things as well as the more pressing issues, trying to make sense of the world around us. At the end of the day, we reach a point where we just want to run away from all of the hardships of work, daunting political debates, and horrible street traffic and noise. We seek refuge in a place or activity that we love. For me, that place is my home. My house is my haven - the place that I rush to at the end of every day's stresses. 
     My house is not simply that: it is in fact my home. It is where we sit as a family, repose, play with the baby, laugh, talk, and unwind. It is where we make memories. Accordingly, I like my house to reflect tranquility, all the while being pleasant to the eyes and comfortable to us as well as visitors.      
     I like the main bedroom to exhibit a calm atmosphere which helps one tranquilize. I simply love displaying different neutral colors which are easy on the eyes, from the sand-colored walls, to the bedding, to the curtains, to the furniture, to the lamps. However, I do like to spice things up at times by putting a bright bedsheet, for example, or contrasting cushions.

     Right now I am enjoying this off-white bedding ensemble, which includes a designed bed cover and two matching pillow cases, as well as a plain off-white bed sheet and two matching, plain pillow cases. To perk it up a little, I dressed two cushions in wine pillow cases. These add a nice contrast to the polished bedding. 





My room has a door which takes you to the balcony. In the morning, I like to open the curtain to make the room seem larger, and I like to let the sunlight in by opening the balcony slides. 

     In the living room, the base color palette is a neutral one, with lots of beige and brown shades. To brighten up the room, I spread two carpets of a vibrant red shade with mixtures of beiges and browns, and just a hint of blue. To further add color and contrast to the room, I added green bamboo plants. The living room table was set aside to make plenty of space for the baby to sit and play.




     Below is the balcony that we converted into a small living room by enclosing it with "securol" glass windows. I love the coziness of this small room, which extends from the main bedroom, as well as the liveliness of its colors. As is shown in the picture, this baby bouncer is easily portable. The room is now a small play area, as well as a place where we can sip a cup of coffee in the morning while benefitting from the bright sunshine, relax in the afternoon, and enjoy the evening breeze.




     And this is how we made our home comfy, cozy, and relaxing for us to enjoy, and for our visitors to feel like their own home. 

Comments