My first week of 2020: Good vibes only!

     I spent the last few weeks of the year running around, so come the holiday, I decided to unwind and simply enjoy every moment of it. I've also started the new year positively, and have been looking for good vibes to keep me relaxed, cheerful, and stress-free. Luckily, things have been going well for me, so far. To begin with, an additional member joined us for New Year this year (my 8 month old son), I bonded with my family, saw my travelling cousins, and celebrated my cousin's engagement. Moreover, I'm still committed to reaching my resolutions and have already started with a couple, namely spending time with family, treating myself well, and enjoying life more. 
     My will to read more this year is still strong, and at the very end of 2019 (NYE, to be precise), I received the educational books I've purchased online. As for novels, I'm still contemplating over which one to read out of the dozens that I own. My friends also came over for dinner, we caught up with each other on life's matters, and chit-chatted over the mundane issues. 







     On NYE, minor celebrations started early by throwing confetti and snapping family photos with Sooni, who seemed clueless as to what's going on. Nevertheless, it was actually fun (for us, at least).




     On the first day of 2020, we went to the mall, had some coffee and treats at a café, wandered about, checked out the stores, and finally took a family picture before heading back home. It was a good way to bond as a family, and fun for Sooni to see all the bright colors of the huge Christmas tree, shops, lights, and more. He also charmed people with his sociable smile. 
     On Friday the 3rd, I went to my cousin's engagement, and it was a good way to interact and socialize. We had a wonderful time, and I couldn't help but feel emotional and nostalgic, seeing most of my cousins in one place at the same time. It reminded me of the good, old childhood days when everyone seemed so carefree.



     I also spent a good deal of time with Little Panda, as well as short but quality time with my cousin before she travelled. Moreover, I made sure to pamper myself this holiday. I took good care of my skin by using the facial masks I recently bought, and really felt relaxed, refreshed, and alive. What a holiday it was for me! 



     Between relaxing, socializing, and partying, I barely had time to think of what difficulties the current political situation will bring along this year. I'm hoping for a brighter future for Lebanon, and for everyone in general. My recommendation for you, though, would be to find your own inner peace and be grateful for what you have amidst all this chaotic confusion we're living in right now. I'm sure you can find numerous little things you can enjoy on a daily basis, that make you forget the uncertainty of the future for a moment, at least. And happy new year to everyone!

Comments