My Gratitude list - Part 1


Gratitude is the act of truly and thankfully appreciating what you receive, be that tangible or intangible. By being grateful, one acknowledges the goodness in his or her life, and recognizes that the source of this goodness lies outside his or her self. Consequently, gratitude helps one connect with something larger than him or herself, be that with other people, nature, or a higher power. 
     Research has shown that gratitude is linked to greater overall happiness, positive emotions, health, and resilience. Grateful people are likely to relish good experiences and build stronger relationships. You can be grateful for past experiences, present circumstances such as not taking the good things for granted, and for the future, such as being constantly hopeful and optimistic.  
     As part of my year 2020 resolutions, I made it an attempt to be grateful each and every day. I have started noting down one little or grand thing I'm grateful for everyday, and I'm hoping to carry this on until December 31, 2021 (and possibly always). I'm going to post a monthly list of the things I'm grateful for, and hope I can at least share some positivity somewhere on this Earth. Here goes my list for January:

1) I'm grateful for life. 
2) I'm grateful for my family. 
3) I'm grateful for good health.
4) I'm grateful for good company.
5) I'm grateful for my son.
6) I'm grateful I have a home to live in.
7) I'm grateful for the knowledge I have. 
8) I'm grateful for what I've achieved. 
9) I'm grateful for those who love me. 
10) I'm grateful that I got up this morning. 
11) I'm grateful for those who understand me.
12) I'm grateful for my job.
13) I'm grateful for my real friends. 
14) I'm grateful for the childhood I've had. 
15) I'm grateful I have a roof over my head. 
16) I'm grateful I have something to eat. 
17) I'm grateful for those who make me feel better. 
18) I'm grateful it's another Saturday morning. 
19) I'm grateful I got to go out with my family. 
20) I'm grateful today's a new day.
21) I'm grateful that I'm doing well today.
22) I'm grateful for those who care about me. 
23) I'm grateful I arrived to work early today. 
24) I'm grateful there are people who appreciate my work. 
25) I'm grateful I'm feeling so good today. 
26) I'm grateful I slept well last night. 
27) I'm grateful that I've eliminated the toxic people from my life. 
28) I'm grateful the day's over. 
29) I'm grateful for the opportunities I'm given. 
30) I'm grateful I survived this long Thursday. 
31) I'm grateful my dad's here. 

Comments